A Few Days in Edinburgh

This past week St Andrews was on break. So, my friends from home came to visit and we spent a few days in Edinburgh. I’ve visited Edinburgh a few times and each time I go, my love for the city grows.

During our first day, jetlag and exhaustion hit hard. So we had afternoon tea and spent the rest of the day relaxing and walking around the city a little. 

The second day, everyone was well rested and we started our day with a tour of Edinburgh Castle. This exceeded my expectations and I highly recommend to anyone visiting Edinburgh. It has great views of the city and there is a ton to see up there.

There are old prisons, crown jewels,  memorials, chapels and canons galore!

Our afternoon was spent seeing Victoria Street, shopping and grabbing some fish & chips. Fun fact: Victoria Street was the inspiration for Diagon Alley in Harry Potter!

The next day was our last full day together and again we walked around, shopping and enjoying what the city has to offer. One of the prettiest places in Edinburgh is Princes Street Garden, which has a spectacular view of the castle.

We then stopped at the Scottish National Museum where we only got a picture with Dolly, the first cloned mammal. The museum is full of cool stuff but Dolly is definitely a standout.

three girls in front of sheep at a musuem
Dolly and Molly and friends!

My favorite thing we did was a drinks making potion class which definitely fits in with the magical vibe of Edinburgh.

With only a few days with my friends, we managed to fit in a lot of fun.  and it was special to see them after six months apart. Edinburgh is one of my favorite cities and I loved being able to share a piece of Scotland with my friends.